DIRECT Secure Messaging
Service description & features
KeyHIE DIRECT Secure Messaging brings healthcare professionals closer together with a secure, encrypted email service that makes it easier to send and receive messages and attachments with protected health information (PHI).
- Integrated with the Keystone Health Information Exchange, providing access to KeyHIE participant directory
- KeyHIE is one of Pennsylvania’s certified health information service providers (HISPs)
- Enables providers to meet meaningful use stage 2 – transitions of care and patient engagement measures
- Real-time provider notifications for transitions of care and ACO Requirements
- Lab results and hospital reports delivered to your mailbox
- KeyHIE Transform converts emergency medical service, health agency and long term care reported data into continuity of care-formatted documents for health information sharing through Direct and HIE.
- Support for web-mail or integration with many electronic health record systems
- Deliver patient referrals to a specialist to coordinate patient care plans
- Provides ability to audit your own secure message delivery
- Delegate access for support staff to manage mailbox on behalf of provider
- Competitive pricing and bulk rates available
- It is available via a laptop, desktop or iPad web browser.
Service implementation & support
To use this service, users must have a KeyHIE Provider Portal account and a KeyHIE DIRECT Secure Messaging account.
Additional information to include pricing and next steps in obtaining this service may be obtained by emailing KeyHIESupport@KeyHIE.org or by calling 570-214-9438.
Support is available 24/7. Help with resolving problems and issues with this service can be obtained via email during regular business hours at KeyHIESupport@KeyHIE.org or after hours at 570-271-8092.