KeyHIE DIRECT secure messaging
Fast, private data sharing as easy as emailing
KeyHIE DIRECT secure messaging brings healthcare professionals closer together with a secure, encrypted email service that makes it easier to send and receive messages and attachments with protected health information (PHI). See the DIRECT FAQ (PDF) for more details.
Ease of use
The best part? There's no special software to install. If you know how to email, you can use KeyHIE DIRECT secure messaging. All you need is internet access.
Benefits of KeyHIE DIRECT
- More secure than fax, phone or regular mail
- Gain access to SureScripts, a national directory of providers, and to the KeyHIE provider directory
- Exchange Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs or C-CDAs)
- Get notifications when a message is received and track your messages
- Search for healthcare professionals by name or location
- Enhance communications between healthcare professionals
Who can use KeyHIE DIRECT?
- Health Plans
- Mental and behavioral health centers
- Organizations requiring results delivery
- Any organization that sends or receives PHI
We're a certified HISP
As a Pennsylvania-certified Health Information Service Provider (HISP), KeyHIE has the in-house expertise to not only build, but maintain your HIE infrastructure, including secure and reliable DIRECT messaging.