Reduce staff inefficiency and spend more time with your patients
You’ve built a successful practice, but heavy appointment loads limit your ability to deliver the personal attention your patients deserve. Endless administrative tasks and time-consuming hunts for information can drain office resources and staff energy.
KeyHIE puts more time in your day by weaving fragmented care details into a cohesive digital view of your patient’s medical history:
- Hospital discharge summaries
- Referring physicians reports
- Medication lists and allergies
- Imaging and lab test results
- Recommendations from specialists
- Notes from other providers
- And much more
Connectivity to other HIEs in Pennsylvania and beyond
Our interoperability means no need to pay for and manage multiple EHR logins. One credential opens the door to a vast network of information systems and platforms.
Additionally, we’re a charter member of the Pennsylvania eHealth Partnership Authority, an organization that works with health information exchanges, integrated delivery networks, to develop a community shared services layer for increased interoperability.
The authority is also working on a national HIE connectivity initiative using the HealtheWays’ eHealth Exchange platform.
See a list of participating KeyHIE providers
80% of clinicians believe electronic information sharing will have a positive impact on quality of care*
*Information Sharing to Improve Quality and Reduce Costs in Healthcare, Bipartisan Policy Center
Ready for Stage 2 Meaningful Use
KeyHIE enables your organization to meet all Stage 2 standards and certifications to improve care quality and take advantage of government EHR incentive payments. Plus, you can:
- Improve patient communication - Make it easier for patients to access and transmit their health information online.
- Link with Surescripts - Through Basic Plus DIRECT, you’ll have access to Surescripts for the timely, accurate exchange of e-prescriptions, immunization records, patient summaries, lab results, and other vital patient information.
Other KeyHIE benefits
- Higher productivity - Your office staff spends more time on patient care, and less time calling, faxing and chasing down information.
- Improved care decisions - With comprehensive, centralized patient data, you’ll reduce errors and make confident care choices.
- Happier patients - Patient information is updated and accurate. This means less paperwork they’ll have to complete and less chance for errors.
KeyHIE privacy and security safeguards meet or exceed federal, state, and local requirements including HIPAA and HITECH rules. KeyHIE uses the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to provide secure Web services communication as well as secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections.